Chester residents may dispose of certain materials at the Deep River Transfer Station on Route 80 in Deep River, subject to the regulations given below. For information about Transfer Station hours and disposal of household hazardous waste, please use the links in the boxes at the right.
RECYCLING AND BULKY WASTE REGULATIONS
No household garbage will be accepted at the Deep River Transfer Station. By Town Ordinance, residents are required to have a private hauler. Private haulers will also pick up recyclables. Any violation of this provision shall immediately terminate privileges afforded by the permit.
Permit Required: Chester residents must display a “Town of Chester Access To Public Services” permit on the windshield of their vehicle to gain access to these facilities. These stickers, which may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office with proof of residence and vehicle license plate number, must be placed on the passenger side of the front windshield. Permits are not issued to non-resident parties doing work for a homeowner or to any business. One-day permits are available for residents who need to borrow a vehicle for hauling.
Hours of Operation: Deep River Transfer Station
Wed., Fri., Sat. & Sun.
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Call 860-526-6032 for more information.
Hazardous Household Waste
Household Hazardous Waste Schedule 2015
1) All users shall separate loads and place material in the proper containers under direction of attendant(s), who will be on duty during regularly scheduled hours.
2) Attendant(s) has the right to refuse entry to anyone not having proper identification or whose load does not comply with these regulations.
3) As provided in current Chester bulky waste regulations, the Town of Deep River will accept only household bulky waste under this contract; waste originating from business or commercial sources or from households under construction, demolition, or landscaping contracts will not be accepted.
4) Residents may use passenger cars, small trailers, and pick-up trucks, each of which must display the required permit.
5) All items and material must be transported in containers.
6) No hazardous materials, paper goods, or commercial waste will be permitted.
7) Do not combine materials in containers meant for specific items.
TRANSFER STATION FEE SCHEDULE
Refrigerator / Air Conditioner $ 10.00 / unit (anything with Freon)
Automobile (two free) 1.50 /each for three or more
Truck 5.00 /each
Propane Tanks 5.00 /each
Mattresses No Charge
Rugs (over 8’ x 10’) No Charge
Rack Body / Mason Dump:
2 Cubic Yards 20.00 / load
Up to 6 Cubic Yards 40.00 / load
NO ROLL OFFS ACCEPTED
REVISED March 2007